***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Black Friday Fun!!

Hello, dear readers!

I realize that I have not posted for some time. While you are no doubt used to this behavior from me, I do feel a slight (very slight, mind you) pang of conscious for leaving you for so long. Here is the update on our life that you have all been so very patiently waiting for.

This month, Matt finished up his first 40 Days for Life as an active participant. While there has never been an easy way to get stats for God's work through this effort, shortly after 40 Days for Life, the director of our local Planned Parenthood resigned and is now speaking against abortion. Praise God!

Matt is also spending loads of time on various art projects for his classes. It's been a rough semester, but we are looking forward to a strong finish and a long holiday for Christmas.

My work has been going well. I feel fairly competent (finally) in my job, and I am currently training a new employee, which is a great privilege. I had the entire Thanksgiving holiday off, which was wonderful!

Which brings us to Black Friday!

I'm no early bird, but I did venture out at 7:00 (once the true craziness had died down) with my sister and dear friend Patricia. I got a FABULOUS new outfit, some things for Matt, and a few Christmas gifts.

Black Friday is also a couponer's dream! I got the following items:

Infusium shampoo and conditioner
Herbal Essence shampoo, conditioner, and two hair sprays
Dove Ultimate Visibly Smooth antiperspirant (2)
Right Guard Sport antiperspirant
Degree Ultraclear antiperspirant
Colgate Total Advanced Whitening (2)
Vaseline Sheer Infusion lotion
Milk Chocolate M&Ms, 12.6 oz bags (2)

for a grand total of $10.72.
That's $10.72 for $72.32 worth of products.
And I have $13 of "gift certificates" to Walgreens and CVS. Yup, I made money after ExtraBucks/RegisterRewards.

I *heart* couponing!

If anyone wants any shampoo, let me know. ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

mmmmmmmmmm mnmsssssssssss

20:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home