***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Howdy Y'all...

Here we are again, waiting for the shift to end. I've made some pretty extensive changes to my blog. I added 2 new blogs and divided my posts between them. We've got my opinions on current events and other social issues as well as various broodings and literature, called "My Thoughts On Everything." Then we've got a study of philosophy and emotions that is based on describing frozen instances in time, which I've called "A World of Places." The one called "My Life" is just that, it's where I will add chronicles to my life that I wish to share with y'all, both the cataclysmic and the trivial. For now, it's mostly mundane, but eventually something pertanent will happen and I'll write that down too. It is the mundane that defines our lives, though, not the cataclysmic. Peolple rarely make critical definitions of their personality when something drastic happens. The decisions that they make in the severe situations are determined by how they live in the mundane times. Hard times and difficult decisions don't broing out the good that people didn't exhibit on a day to day basis. Hard times and difficult situations wear people down to their most core values, those values that were defined when they didn't have to make the right decision but made it anyway. If you make the decision not to eat out when you can afford to, then when you can't afford to eat out, the decision has already been made. So, when life is mundane, do the right thing so that when the stakes are higher, the value system is already there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home