***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Finally, a Real Shower...

...but don't presume that I haven't showered at all before now, just not with soap.

I have finally made it to my final destination in Iraq and it is anything but rough. Three, sometimes four, meals a day. I barely work 10 hours a day and since it's in the evening, I've got practically the whole day to myself. I finally got in touch with Helen, which is comforting, but other than that everything is going without a hitch.

It's cold here, most of the time. Not freezing, but it gets down into the low 50s. Just kinda strange. I'm still adjusting, but everything here is mostly normal so adjusting isn't hard. There's honestly nothing to tell. The only significant difference between working here and the States is that I have to carry my rifle and a loaded magazine everywhere I go.

Keep praying, but mostly for Helen.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you made it there safe. Don't gain too much weight and avoid any helicoper rides if you can! Becky Hubley

17:04  
Blogger Helen said...

Hehe. I didn't notice anything odd, but then I haven't switched all my numbers to my new phone so I'm used to getting unknown calls. But then I've been mopey-sick for the last couple of days, so maybe I just didn't notice. In any case, no harm done.

Happy Valentine's Day and Six-month anniversary, Wonderful!

Love,
Helen

18:40  
Blogger Helen said...

Oh, and I support the use of soap.

18:41  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know we're thinking about you !!

Andy, Koleta & Abby

15:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home