***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

A Celebration of Culinary Greatness Worthy of Grammatical Indiscretion!!1!

So, it was brought to my attention (by one of our three readers) that we should post something on our blog. After hours of scouring the internet, I have discovered THIS!! A super tasty chicken salad recipe, in honor of summer. Sentence fragment!

Best Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe
By Angela Harris

My Quest for an Easy Recipe for Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Way, way back when I first got married and still tried to impress my husband (grin), I wanted to learn how to make chicken salad sandwiches. Not only that, but I demanded a chicken salad sandwich recipe that was easy, but also delicious.

I experimented with many chicken salad recipes over the years to get my easy chicken salad recipe just right. Finally, I hit on what I believe is the best chicken salad sandwich recipe ever. It is more than just a basic chicken salad recipe, but it has a bit of finesse. This delicious and easy chicken salad recipe will be right at home at a kids' lunch table or a bridal shower buffet. It can be simple or elegant.

I have served this chicken salad recipe many times over the years, and I have never failed to receive compliments and requests for my recipe for chicken salad. I had forgotten how much time and effort I had spent perfecting my recipe. Then, the internet came along and I realized that many cooks will use it for a cooking reference instead of traditional cookbooks. So, if you've been looking for a recipe for chicken salad, try this easy chicken salad sandwich recipe.

Chicken Salad Sandwiches

Easy Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe
Chicken Salad Recipe Ingredients
3 cooked chicken breasts, chopped
1 or stalks celery, chopped- about 3/4 cup
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup seedless grapes, halved
3/4 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup salad dressing, such as Miracle Whip brand
2 Tablespoons coleslaw dressing (Marzetti's is good)
1 teaspoon each- paprika and seasoning salt
Coarsely ground black pepper, to taste

Simply mix everything together well. Chill for at least one hour before serving. It tastes much better if allowed to chill overnight.

Serve on toasted bread, croissants, or lettuce leaves. This easy chicken salad recipe also tastes great in pita pockets or hollowed tomato cups. Also try different breads such as Ciabatta or raisin bread.

This chicken salad recipe serves about 6

In the interest of full disclosure, I did swap real mayonnaise for the Miracle Whip, left out the green onions and added chopped almonds. Individual results may vary.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Mmmmmm... you're making me hungry!!!

15:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home