***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Another Bad Day...

Well, yesterday was Helen's birthday. I wanted to and actually could have gotten her present to her yesterday, if two of the Marines for whom I am responsible had not required attention. Anyhow, the point is that I tried to make it up to her by send an impersonal and easy (as well as cheap) ecard. I decided that this was perhaps not the best replacement, so I spent the next five hours creating somthing exceptionally cheesy and ameteurish, which I sent to her as well. Fortunately (or providentially) she is the most wonderful girlfriend I could ever have and she accepted them very graciously. She neither lied to tell me that it was great, nor did she forget to appreciate the value of the thought and effort that I put into it. Well, I go home in about two weeks to see my family and my lovely Helen. Gosh, I love that girl...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matthew

Welcome to Uncle Sams Misguided Chidren.

Don't sit and get depressed.
This is your job.
At some point you may be yanked out and sent some place not friendly, with little or no notice.
Don't allow yourself to become disillusioned with your situation.
Work on becoming the MASTER of your skill.
It may save lives at a later date.

Also, if you have the opportunity, go out to the range. Shoot. shoot alot.
You are a Marine.
No matter your individual skill you are still a rifleman.
This may save a LOT of lives at a later date.
This also helps relieve a lot of frustration. But
take it seriously.
"boredom is the norm"
for military service.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY.
TODAY AND TOMORROW.

23:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home