***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Another Post...

Well, I haven't got much time left so this one might not be very long. I passed the Field-Day-From-Hell this morning. It completely wasted 4 hours of my time and kept me from eating breakfast. But that's the Marine Corps for you. Oh, check out other Matt's blog, he's put up some really good links lately. Not much in the news today. The House of Congress finally voted on Pricilla Owens, but I'm not sure why that's a big deal. I thought that all Presidential nomination had to be ratified by Congress, oh well. And there's something about a Fillibuster still being thrown around. I think that's one of the most absurd and least democratic things I've ever heard of. A fillibuster allows a minority that knows it cannot win the vote on an issue to keep talking about the issue so that a vote cannot be taken. As long as someone is talking about the issue, a vote cannot be taken; no time limit, no limit on the number of speakers or the number of times that a person may speak. Therefore, a group that does not represent the majority is given the power to get what they want, or at least to obstruct any and all congressional proceedings. The entire purpose of the American form of government is to give the MAJORITY what they want. If the majority isn't being served then the government isn't doing it's job. It is arrogant to presume that a minority of people should be able to override what the ruling body of America (the majority) wants. Yes, it is quite possible and not infrequent that the majority is wrong, but that is not for the government to decide. Anyway, my replacement is here so I'm going to go call Helen and sleep.... oh yeah, and go grocery shopping. More later....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home