***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Monday, May 23, 2005

Well, I Won't Say That It's Good to Be Back...

After a week of vacation it's hard to come back to this life. The last week was absolutely the best. I got to spend all day, every day adoring Helen and getting to know her better. I also got to spend more time with her family than I usually do and it was good to learn about them too, but you can immagine how important Helen is to me. The idea was actually her mother's, which is a little surprising because she has always been ever so slightly reserved about my relationship with her daughter. I'm not sure that she is even actually reserved, maybe just cautious. Anyhow, the point is that she got to see a little more of how Helen and I interact and I think that she's a little more comfortable with our relationship, which really helps the whole getting married thing. Did I mention that I really love Helen a lot? Because I do.
I got burned really badly, though. Sunburn, that is. My back was not too bad but my knees, yes knees, were burned so badly that it hurt to bend them. Other than that one thing, the week was perfect. The weather was great, there was hardly anyone else on the beach, the water was actually warm enough that we were able to swim. It really was great. I'm so glad that they came up and did that for me.
There's not really much in the news to talk about. Fox has been showing the same pictures all day of the 16 buildings that were demolished in China. Can't they find something interesting to talk about? Anyhow, I'll find something to tell you tmorrow. More later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home