***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Okay, Okay, I'll Really Post This Time....

Well, I'm not sure what I'll put. It's apparently been a slow day in the news. We've got an infra-red spot on Titan (one of Saturn's moons) that is probably an eruption (it's a volcanic moon... duh). Priscilla Owens was finally voted in (so Congress has to ratify all Presidential nominations... duh). The CIA is conducting a mock terrorist attack against government computer systems and doesn't want to tell us any more about it (again.... duh). And finally, a criminal was caught standing next to his own wanted poster, yeah criminals are dumb (just.... duh). As my mom says, they're not criminals because they're smart, they're criminals because they're stupid. Anyhow, I've been working in my other office all day, so I haven't gotten to keep up on the news as well. Oh yeah, and we've got a 5 day weekend coming up starting tomorrow. Yeah, we have to do all this paperwork and whatnot so that they think we're aware of all the risks an stuff, because the biggest killer of Marines is off-duty accidents. So we did all this paperwork and went to these classes and I'm going to a safety brief at 6:30 tomorrow morning and can you guess where I'm going to be for 12 hours every day of the holiday? Yes, RIGHT HERE!!! No, I don't get time off, yes I do have to work, no it's not punitive, and yes I did still have to do all the stupid preparation and whatnot. But again, that's the Marine Corps for you. Anyhow, I've gotta go get ready to change over for the guy that's coming to relieve me. More later...

1 Comments:

Blogger Katanna said...

duh

20:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home