***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Progress!!

We have arrived in Augusta, GA after a long trip that started about 5 years ago... but that's another story. Thank God for great friends like Kim and Kat! Kim brought Helen up here about 6 months ago to help her move in right before I got back from Iraq, and now Kat is helping us move back! Helen and I had originally planned to have a company move our stuff and then we'd drive both of our cars back. But then things got really crazy and it became a great deal simpler to just rent a truck and move ourselves. After measuring the Honda to decide if it will fit in the back of a U-Haul ;-) we decided that we had three vehicles to drive back to Texas. So, I called Kat and said something along the lines of "so, you wanna fly up here tomorrow or the next day?" and he said "well, the prices are the same, so why don't I come up today?" So 4 hours later, he was on a plane to North Carolina. Now, after driving for 8.5 hours, we've gone 350 miles with an average of 40 mph. Yeah, that giant, 22' long banana that I'm having to drive doesn't tolerate driving very well. The steering is really loose, the suspension bounces a lot, and it HATES Georgia roads. The very instant we crossed into GA, the rhythmic lumps in the pavement set up a harmonic vibration in the trucks suspension system so that it started bucking harder and harder until I finally slowed down enough to throw off the synchronized rhythm. It was really strange. Anyhow, as long as I don't go 50 or 55, I'll be okay... I think. We'll see tomorrow.

Goodnight...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home