***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Couponing Sucess!

Ok, so I haven't blogged about couponing for awhile (or anything else for that matter), so here it is!

Today's trip to CVS (yes, on Sunday, because they run out of the stuff on sale by Tuesday at the latest):

1 Purex Complete 3-in-1, $5.99 (see ConsumerReports article here)
Use $3/1 coupon
Get 2 Extra Bucks (EB)
final cost: $0.99

1 gallon Oak Farms milk, $2.99
Get 1 EB
final cost: $1.99

2 Sobe LifeWaters, $1.59
Sale, Buy 1 Get 1 Free
Use Buy 1 Get 1 Free coupon (available here)
final cost: free (no, I don't actually like them, but they were free!)

3 Band-Aid packages, $1.99
Use $3/3 coupon
final cost $0.99 each

1 Crest Pro-Health Clinical Gum Protection toothpaste, $3.49
Use $0.75/1 coupon
Get 2.50 EB
final cost: $0.25

After I used 11 EB from previous visits, I paid $0.69 out of pocket and received 5.50 EB for next time. Yay! My receipt says my total savings were $30.43, which is a little disingenuous because I wouldn't shop at CVS normally, but it's still a fun number.

The last time they had this deal on milk (it seems to be every other week), I paid $0.99 out of pocket and got 2 EB back! That was also a good shopping trip.

In other news, Matt is getting ready for school to start again for his second of four years of college, and I just got a new director at work. I think she will work out fabulously from what I've experienced thus far. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home