***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Actually I graduated yesterday...

but even with the college degree I still don't know how to change that ticker thing. I'm really looking forward to Matt coming home, and then clinical laboratory science school. It will be good to finally be doing something that has a more meaningful application than just how it will affect my GPA. I will miss my classics professors a lot. Even if I was a biology major, I just never knew my science professors as well as my classics ones. Maybe it's just harder to integrate stories about your kids into discussions of microscopic processes. I'm glad I went to Italy, that was a good idea. And I'm glad I got married, that was a good idea too. I'm looking forward to being married again. I know I am married, but it's not the same. When Matt and I talk about those 4 months we had together before he left, we describe it as "when we were married." Who knows what we'll call it after Matt does get back... maybe "the first time we were married." Christmas... it may be a nice distraction, it may be more difficult than either of us anticipate. Valentine's Day, now that's the holiday that we need to get to. I already know what I'm getting Matt, but he doesn't know what it is. Haha. I am dreading the month after Christmas when I'll have nothing to do but attempt to decide what of my stuff I can fit into my car. I hate stuff, but I hate even more that I need my stuff. And my ankles hurt from wearing my ridiculously high heels to graduation (but it was so worth it, because apparently my shoes were visible from the nosebleed section) and then driving all over the place. So, the one thing that all of these sentences have in common is that they are all my thoughts upon graduation from college.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kierstyn said...

Congratulations on your graduation!

Sorry your ankles hurt, but I must agree, it had to have been worth it!

If you're ever bored, I know this crazy family of five who is always looking for an extra set of hands for daily activities! If you're going to be in CS, let me know. I seriously might be needing a babysitter when I have to take the baby to Austin for helmet fittings. Once a week! Yikes!

Hang in there! You'll be married again soon. BTW, that was the saddest thing I've heard all day long!

13:43  
Blogger Sara G 144 said...

Helen - Congratulations! I know it must feel just great. I just finished registering for my classes for the upcoming semester, and I'm just at the community college with no long-term goals in mind at all! I think of both you and Matt often. I know this time apart has been hard for you - but you'll find you have both grown tremendously. Give my love to Matt!
- Sara Gross

11:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home