***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Clarification

Yes, so the above quote was in response to the Pope's anathema of all non-Catholics. The actual quote was "tiny, puny, Pope man," but Matt heard "tunic" and liked it better, so it survives.

In other ecclesiastical matters, I've finally decided to grow up regarding my approach to church membership. I think it has a lot to do with feeling homeless. My home now is where Matt is, which is kinda far away at the moment. But that doesn't mean that God hasn't put me in a place, and therefore I need to live where I am, including being a part of the church. Also, it's not fair to my old church to say I'm a member when I don't contribute in any way. For these reasons, I am joining Redeemer next week. I'm pretty excited. This is a really amazing church, and I honestly don't know why I didn't join earlier. I'll only be there for the next 3 months, but I'm still glad for any time that God gives me to be a part of this church. And of course Matt has given his full consent.

Other things with which I am pleased:
1. my husband
2. the price of red bell peppers (99 cents each, and they're huge!)
3. my roommate
4. God's provision
5. wheat rolls from Walmart

Things with which I am less pleased:
1. Dallas needs new tires.
2. limited time: at Baylor, to spend with friends, until I must move again, until I have to find a real job, etc.
3. my husband being gone

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Anathema... wow. I didn't even know that was a word, and it's just the word I've unsuccessfully sought every time I tried to describe what the Pope said. Thanks, darling.

09:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home