***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

6.5 Months Down, 5.5 Months to go (give or take, probably give)

Yup, so that's a wrap on our R&R. Back to being single with a really good phone/email buddy. What can you do? Overall it was a good trip, though.

Some highlights:
I got to go pick Matt up at DFW because he had a 12-hour layover. I don't think so!
We saw Sarah and Jimmy for the second time; lots of fun, one too many stories.
Matt got to spend lots of time with his family and Matt and Jacob.
We slept on a twin sized mattress on the floor in the living room.
We slept in a king sized bed for 3 nights at the bed and breakfast where we honeymooned.
I got to make Matt coffee everyday, and we usually got to stay at home until 12:30.
We got to go water skiing and eat really good hamburgers (thanks, Matt!)

I'm sure there's more; we'll probably add on as we continue the grieving process (notice I used "we" in this sentence; by next week it'll be back to to "I"). Boo for deployments!

As consolation, I got myself one of those little chocolate pie thingies with 520 calories... that'll make everything better.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I'm thinking about you guys today! Happy Anniversary... though I know you're not feeling the "happy" part. It was so good to see you last week. Let us know if you need anything at all :)

15:00  
Blogger Kierstyn said...

Boooo! That has to be miserable. I'm so sorry! Hey, if you ever need a distraction, call the Krajca!

10:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home