***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Sunday, July 08, 2007

A Momentous Occasion!

Matt and I have now officially taken another step on the ladder of adulthood: we have now not only bought but paid off our first "real" car!! Yay!! So now almost a year into our marriage, and we are debt-free!! Whoohoo!! Well, actually I just put something on the credit card, but it was only $30, and I only used the credit card because I don't like to use my debit card over the internet... but stop being technical! And we're going to buy a house eventually, but that's different, too. God has blessed us exceedingly, and while we know our life will not always be this financially simple, I am very grateful to my God and my husband that both have provided so well for me. :D (Of course, God provided my husband for me to provide for me, so really the glory is all God's... doesn't it always turn out that way?)


Note: I'll post pictures of Dallas (my baby car) later, since I don't have the appropriate cord at the moment.

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

YAY!!! No more debt!! And isn't it weird that the Verse Of The Day today is from Psalms 138 "I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word." God has been so faithful to Helen and me, despite our own humanisms. I'm really glad that I don't have to worry about sanctifying myself....

19:56  
Blogger James said...

Congratulations you two. No debt is great! Daph and I are so proud of you.

19:13  
Blogger Sara said...

Congratulations!! Being debt-free is (unfortunately) a rare thing these days, but it's such a worthy goal. House aside, we've pretty much lived debt-free as long as we've been married. It's so nice to have the freedom of not owing anyone anything. Here's to you guys for being a great example to all!!

09:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home