***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Monday, June 18, 2007

Daily Life: nothing of interest

That's right, there is NOTHING going on, hence the lack of posts. That's not entirely accurate; there is something but I can't tell you what it is. What I can tell you is that I have two packages from V... well, I have two packages that are supposed to be arriving soon. When I got home today, there were two packages on the porch and one in the mail box... all of which were for Mom! So she's on her honeymoon AND she gets three packages in one day! I could at least get a consolation package!

However, I did have a nice experience at the new Chinese restaurant that opened in that Kroger shopping center near our house. I got beef and broccoli to go, with fried rice. It was very, very tasty, and a LOT of food. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get three meals out of it. Nice atmosphere (even though I got free take out), friendly staff, lunch specials, and free delivery (with minimum dollar amount order). And I felt consumerically (no that's not a word, but go with it) suave because I ate at a local restaurant and not a chain (right, Stephen?). At least I'm pretty sure it's not a chain.. Good thing I don't believe in fortunes, though, because mine was "A new business venture is on the horizon." I earned at least $16 today holding a sleeping baby. I don't want a new business venture!

Oh, and my car momentarily broke down, which defeats the purpose of having bought a new car! Matt says cars always break down, that's why there won't be any cars in heaven. Yay for warranties! They'll come to my house tomorrow and fix it or tow it to the dealership... for free! And then the dealership will fix it... for free!!! That's probably why we bought a new car...

Like I said, mere daily life.

3 Comments:

Blogger spartacus976 said...

ok, can you guys please put a - Helen or - Matt so that those reading can more quickly ascertain who is writing?

thanks :)

oh, and...

GO LOCAL EATERIES!!

11:11  
Blogger Sara said...

Ah Kroger... I miss Kroger so much. All we have here are HEB's that are either dirty or on the other side of town and Randall's that are too darn expensive.

I second the motion for a "helen" or "matt" at the top of the post. I start imagining Matt saying all these things and then it turns out to be Helen. Or vice versa. Except for the porta-john one. I was pretty sure that was Matt from the get-go.

10:25  
Blogger Sara said...

I know I'm a web dork, but here's a cool idea I saw for blogs with multiple posters: http://www.marketingmixblog.com/

The have a picture/icon at the top of the post that shows who's posting. Just an idea :)

10:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home