***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Sunday, June 10, 2007

'Insipid' is My Favorite Word...

It has the perfect mixture of "bland" and "harmless" with just a hint of "disgust." If you've been following the blog, this is what I expected from the chapel services. Well, I finally decided that the Bible never said anything about "go hear good preaching" or "go sing good songs," it says not to forsake gathering together. So I went to gather. It was not at bad as I expected. The sermon was a little bit difficult to follow, and it didn't seem to have a discernible direction overall, but it was scriptural and true.

I'm also back to my regular schedule. I'm really glad that I'm able to go to the gym with my lifting partner again. Going by myself has been excruciating. No, I still haven't gained any weight. I'm holding steady at 130.

Anyhow, that's about the most of it. More later...

--Matt <><

4 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Yay for the gym! Wait, this doesn't mean I have to work out too?

18:40  
Blogger The Quest for a DBA said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

20:50  
Blogger The Quest for a DBA said...

Helen, yes you should be working out as well.

Matt; Chapel for gathering in a combat zone helps the deployment pass by if you count by the number of Sundays you have left. I will pray you find other Christians to gather and fellowship with outside of chapel. Sometimes it is just nice to see other people other than those you work with all of the time.

Daphany

20:51  
Blogger Matt said...

Well, you are incredibly wonderfully beautifully gorgeous, but working out will help you live longer so that I can enjoy your incredibly wonderfully beautifully gorgeousness longer ;-)

12:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home