***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Sin... it's ugly!

So Matt and I had what I consider to be our first real fight today. Guess what it was about? That's right, how little we had to fight about. Oh, the irony! Don't worry, we're back to being disgustingly married.

In other sins, never get a car with a speedometer that is set low! It says you're going 70, but you're really going 73. This way, you set your cruise control to 70, and you get to fly past the "old geezers" who are, in fact, actually going the speed limit, AND you get to be righteously indignant when you get stuck behind said "old geezer!" Clearly, the temptation is too much for mere mortals. Instead, you should get a car with the speedometer set high (says 70 when you're going 67) so you can justify speeding.

-Helen

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I like the way you think!

I thought my truck (now Matthew's) speedometer was set low - ie, thought I was going faster it said. So I always drove 3 miles under the speed limit. Only to find out years later that it was dead-on... and I had been going 3 mph too slow all these years! Oooohhhhh the agony.

09:33  
Blogger Matt said...

Yeah, it was a fight, but don't worry, it wasn't ugly. It was mostly a misunderstanding. And "disgustingly married" is a good thing ;-) I was talking to a coworker before I left to come to Iraq and she said humorously that Helen and I were "disgustingly happily married." I agreed whole-heartedly.

10:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home