***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Monday, June 18, 2007

What Helen ISN'T telling you...

...is that she is the most fantastically wonderful wife ever!!! I love her absolutely to death. She has been so good to me while I've been out here. Well, before that too, but you know... Anyway, she is incredible. She's beautiful, and she's sweet to me, and she sends me boxes of things that I need, or that she just wants to send me. She is absolutely the most beautiful and lovely and wonderful and excellent wife I could ever have hoped for. I'm so glad to be married to her. She is my joy and the delight of my life. I love her a whole lot.

I will actually be going on a business trip soon! This is, of course, not the "get conference goodies" kind of business trip, so your prayers will be welcome. This will be the most dangerous thing that I have ever done since I got here, but considering that up to now, the most dangerous thing has been getting carpal tunnel syndrome, that's not saying much. That being said, it honestly isn't remarkably dangerous. This kind of thing happens all the time and accidents are very rare. So, yeah really exciting! Anyhow, your prayers are welcome, but mostly for traveling mercies. Even though it's not very dangerous, it can be very inconvenient. My MSgt (short for Master Sergeant) went a week or so ago and lost his baggage, but we prayed for it and the guy who accidentally picked it up was miraculously on the same flight that he was! So, losing my baggage, finding a place to sleep, finding the place that I need to do my work, getting around, all that "small" stuff can be pretty stinking huge when you're living out of a bag and never in one place for more than a couple of hours. So, anyhow that's what's happening with me.

Oh, and that's not what she "can't tell you." That secret is for meeeeee :-D

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there !! Just wanted to let you know that I'll be remembering you !! Hope your trip goes well.

You make me curious with with all your "secret" comments. :0)

Koleta

08:07  
Blogger spartacus976 said...

So is Helen pregnant?

00:08  
Blogger Helen said...

ummm... no!

13:59  
Blogger Sara said...

Will definitely be praying! Hope everything goes well.

Why is everyone so quick to ask if people are pregnant??? First whales in the belly and now big secrets... silly boys.

10:30  
Blogger James said...

Hey. Hope all goes well with your business trip. I will have to use that with Daphany. I tell her that her time in Iraq and Afghanistan was her vacations. She said it was the only time she had ever gone on vacation that she had to dodge mortars, IEDs and snipers.

We will pray for you and remember to keep 5 yards between everyone.

James

19:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home