***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Saturday, June 23, 2007

I made Chocolate Chip/Chunk Cookies!


See? And I placed them in my glowing light orb bowl, which was clearly far too small, despite it's magic light orb properties. Oh, and that's Charles (or Miles.. I forget.. He is currently holding the Brothers of Karamazov, which I intend to read, intimidating thinkness and unpronouncable author aside). Despite the fact that cookie-making was not on my very detailed to-do list (the paper one OR the handy-dandy widget one that I spent an hour finding instead of doing something on said to-do list), I made chocolate chip/chunk cookies! What makes chocolate chip/chunk cookies different from regular chocolate chip cookies, you ask? Well, when half of your bag of chocolate chips melt on the way down from Waco, you end up with half chocolate chips and half block of chocolate that can be converted into chunks with the strategic use of a butter knife. It's amazing how much milk one can drink under the right circumstances!
Right, so, now for some meaningful content... let's see.. Oh! My current important life question: How do you love your husband from a million million miles away? Talk amongst yourselves...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helen:

While I can't speak to loving a husband a million miles away, I can speak authoritatively on loving a dear, sweet, wonderful, warrior wife who was said million miles away.

We actually like the times when she has been away (Korea, Iraq, Afghanistan) because when she comes home it is like we are newly married kids again. While she is away we carry on our separate lives and stay in contact via DSN (autovon lines for old troglodytes like me) phone calls and copious emails.

Hang in there, it does get better.

Daphany says "Hi".

Love to you guys,
James

06:37  
Blogger Matt said...

For the record, it's a million MILLION miles away ;-)

Beloved Helen, you do such an excellent job of loving me from all the way over there. You are so sweet and thoughtful. You're so careful to think of things that I would like and things that remind me how much you love me. You are such an excellent wife, and your value is far above rubies. Our children will rise up and call you "blessed" and I will forever say "Many daughters have done nobly, but you excel them all."

--Matt <><

11:11  
Blogger Sara said...

It seems the obvious answer would be to send some of those yummy chocolate chip/chunk cookies as a way to show your love and adoration.

So what would I appreciate if I was a million MILLION miles away? Hmmm... seems like little touches of home and long, overly dramatic love letters would be my favorites. And definitely chocolate chip/chunk cookies...

09:11  
Blogger Matt said...

You're quite right, but chocolate chip/chunk cookies tend not to survive very well in combat environments. They tend to die from asphyxiation in the mail. It's quite tragic, actually :-(

13:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home