***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Irritation...

Well I made it to Dallas and had a 12 hour layover. Beyond "not cool." They put me on standby for every flight between now and then, but after seeing that the first one was overbooked and then the ticket agent telling me that every flight until mine was full, Helen asked if she could come pick me up. I called all the right people to square it away, but yeah Helen's driving up to get me. It's really irritating. I prayed. I asked God to get me home quickly, but He didn't. As it is, I will still be getting home sooner than if I waited for my ticketed flight, but only by an hour, 2 hours at the most. Why didn't He? He's certainly capable of it, and wanting to see my wife isn't even an ungodly thing to want.

I'm mostly just ranting. I realize that God has my beast interest at heart, but it's really hard to see from here. I've been awake for the last 36 hours, I haven't showered in more than 24 hours, and I haven't seen my wife in 6 months. I want to trust Him, but it's hard. It's really frustrating and irritating.

"...the Lord takes away and He does no wrong." I should be glad that I made it here safely. I should be glad that God is going to protect my wife as she drives up here. I should be thankful that He has given us a car that will make it all the way to Dallas in one piece.

"Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, 'I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!'" Mark 9:24

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

So glad you made it to the states safely!! By now I'm sure you're back in the lovely Helen's arms and all the troubles are forgotten.

I wish we could see you while you're here - enjoy your time away from work and visiting with family and all.

Love you guys!!

22:22  
Blogger spartacus976 said...

ummm... I guess you are too, umm, busy to post right now. So yah, we are happy you are home safe my friend!

Enjoy your time with your wife. and by the way.. its not too late to catch a plane to Florence and hang out in Italy the rest of your time off... just sayin...

11:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beast interests?

13:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home