***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Heels and Highlights

If you have concluded from the lack of posts that nothing of particular interest has happened, you would be quite correct. A few "high"lights from the last week:

1) my dad had a family get-together at his new house on Saturday, which was lots of fun
2) the morale line that Matt uses to call me put a limit of 15 minutes per phone call (down from no limit), which isn't really a big deal because he can call me right back if he needs to, we can talk every day since it's in moderation, it's still free for him, and it's not as hard to get through, so really it's somewhat of a good development
3) I got new shoes. They're cute. And they made quite the stir at church. I especially like the comment from one of the grandmothers who said that if they'd had shoes like that when she was my age, she'd have had a pair. See:

5 Comments:

Blogger Katanna said...

Wow Hurley, You have some HOT heels! I didn't know that high heels are part of the uniform in Iraq... I can just see you going door to door in those combating the terrorists... they sure won't be looking at your guns!

Matthew

20:10  
Blogger Matt said...

That's the idea. Not only can I distract terrorists, but the heels are great weapons if the need arises. The only problem is that I have to keep my legs shaved.

10:56  
Blogger spartacus976 said...

wow... you guys are so funny...

23:42  
Blogger Unknown said...

Helen - LOVE the shoes - where did you get them and too bad you live to far away so I can't borrow them.

And I bet you look GORGEOUS in them! :>)

gail

21:32  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry it's been so long since I saw the blog.
You wore those to church!!!? I should say a sir was made!

Matt's mom

15:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home