***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Things About My Husband that Impress Me

1. He went through boot camp with 106 degree fever and pneumonia, and chose to continue.
2. He feels no lasting animosity for his DIs, which is not particularly true of me.
3. He fixed the mouse pad on this lap top so that it will scroll the pages up and down.
4. He does not eat 520-calorie chocolate pies to make himself feel better because he knows they won't work.
5. He actually likes the taste of beer.. the really nasty kind. This is impressive because the only reason he drinks (always responsibly, of course) is that he actually likes it.
6. He comforts me rather than indulging himself.
7. He uses correct English.
8. He loves ideas and their implications.
9. He is a better Calvinist than I am in actual practice.
10. He is really really really attractive... I could go on, but this is a public blog.
11. He weathers life's inevitable changes gracefully.
12. He refuses money for the sake of being with me.
13. He is adventurous.
14. He is a calm, logical, and loving conflict resolutionist, especially with me.
15. He sincerely appreciates classical music.
16. He will drink ANY tap water in great quantities with no complaint.
17. He loves me beyond anything I could have hoped.


Hopefully I shall continue this post as needed. 520 calories later, I feel better.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

the thing that impressed me the MOST (and still does) about Matt when I met him is his vocabulary. He sometimes sounds like a dictionary and what I like EVEN BETTER than that about - he never makes me feel stupid caz I don't know what he is saying......

what a true, true gentleman

could we just clone him and add 30+ years?!?!?!?......................

22:57  
Blogger Kierstyn said...

Yay for pie...and cookies, and frozen mocah, and french fries... some of my comfort foods. :-)

10:46  
Blogger Eric and Theresa said...

Hey, I like gummy bears because they take longer to eat and have less calories!

20:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is sarah. who staged a coup of helens computer. but im chiming in that i like that matt talks a lot. i dont like that he thinks its as fun as he does to disagree. but i do like that he talks. because then i dont have to. :) yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! :)

01:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home