***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Friday, November 02, 2007

A more philosophical update...

There's been something missing from our marriage and it's taken us this long to put a good name on it. Helen and I email constantly. We used to talk on the phone every day, now it's more like twice a week (technical problems). We exchange thoughts, we tell each other about our days, we remind each other how much we love each other. We talk about how much we're looking forward to being together again. She asks me about important decisions and I give her feedback about what I think.

But we don't commune.

No, the physical part of our relationship isn't the most important thing. It wasn't while we were dating either, but it characterizes everything that our marriage is about. We are vulnerable with each other, we are honest and close. We are each other's bestest friend. We live together. We commune with each other, and you can't do that from 3,000 miles away. It's becoming more difficult as my return home becomes more real. The fact that we can share as much information and emotional data as we want doesn't make up for the lack of communion. We desperately need each other and God has blessed us with wanting nothing else beside each other.

3 months is a long time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

but it WILL pass and it will take you .0045 of a second to re-connect and this will make your marriage stronger than it is now..... IF that is possible. tee hee

I KNOW you 2 hear that ALL THE TIME - but it IS true.

I know soooooooooo many people who are married and I am sorry to say VERY VERY VERY few of them have the marriage and connection that you do. Remember that and also know there are a LOT of people out there who are so ver jealous of ya'll

all my love,
gail

21:45  
Blogger Matt said...

Yes it will pass, and yes God will use it for our good, but that doesn't make it any more fun at the moment. I know that sounds short sighted, but marriage is a good thing and a good marriage is a VERY good thing.

I never want to spend a single second more than I have to away from my beautiful, sweet, caring and irresistible wife for as long as I live.

12:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home