***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Sunday, December 02, 2007

The Spirit of Christmas...

is giving! If you've been bitten by the Christmas bug, here are some helpful hints for gifts to the Hurleys:

1. When evaluating a potential gift, ask yourself "Would I want to move this item 3 times in the next 2 years, loving stashing the box away in the closet, or under the bed, or behind the couch, or stacked in a corner with all the boxes that I can't throw away because I need them to pack all the other stuff that I own that might possibly break in transit until we pack up our beloved items on 3 seperate occasions in 2 years?" If there is any question, you might consider something more... edible.
2. Edible is good. We like to eat. Or something that can be used up in a reasonable length of time would be good too. Use your imagination there.
3. Avoid items that fall in the "stuff" category. For some reason, music and movies don't seem to qualify as "stuff." I'm not sure why that is. Nor do clothes, but those could be harder to pick out.
4. Some specific items that would be welcomed:
-specific random computer parts (see Matt for details)
-those cute little holiday boy-short undies from Target with the little reindeer on the green one in the back, size small
-The Office
-Monk
-that great idea you had a month ago but have since forgot, that would be perfect
-nothing. Really, this is an option. It'll be like you are helping us pack for the rest of our lives!

I'll try and add more stuff as the thoughts come to me. I do have finals this week, though (for the last time! Yay!) so it may get lost in the shuffle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home