***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Almost home...

I can't tell you how good it felt to cross the border into Texas. I know it sounds silly, but Texas really is my home and I love living here.

I didn't post yesterday, obviously, but we had a bit of an experience at our stop on Monday night. It was pretty seedy and Helen was worried, but Matt, Helen and I were all in the same room and I brought my pistol inside so she felt better after that. It was pretty interesting. The next day we pushed pretty hard because I wanted to get to Murphy early enough that we could say "hi" to everybody before we went to bed and still get a decent night's sleep. Driving that 22' truck through Dallas traffic was a hair-raising experience. It was definitely the most stressful hour of the trip, but we made it through unscathed, praise God.

Last night was good. We got the chance to rest for a while before everybody got back from Six-Flags and then we got to socialize for a while before we passed out. This morning was good too. Eating out is good every once in a while, but after 3 days of Mc D's, Wendy's, Hardy's and such it was really good to have a home-cooked breakfast.

Today is going to be good too. We get to go see Dark Night (the new Batman movie) at the IMAX!! Not just any regular theater where we'd pay $9, but a theater that's actually WORTH $9. We're not sure when we're going to do that, but it'll be good whenever we do.

Hopefully, we'll be able to spend the night tonight and drive home early tomorrow, in time for our appointment (seriously, what mini-storage makes appointments? whatever...) at the mini-storage that's going to give us a free month's rent. Helen even asked "what if we only want one month?" and they said "then you store your stuff for free." Pretty cool deal if you ask me. We've also gotta get the truck weighed before that, and after that (full and empty) and all before we get the truck back to Penske... before they close. We'll see how that goes.

It's going to be good to be home again. I'm really looking forward to living near family, friends, and good memories. I'm also looking forward to starting school at Blinn (as soon as I actually apply, that is), working on the fixer-upper that we might buy, and making more progress on this movie thing with Jacob.

It's good to be... almost home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

lol hope you enjoyed 'Dark Night,' I dont know what movie that is... Now 'Dark Knight,' thats a great movie... :p

Hope you guys are doing well! Miss you!

08:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home