***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Monday, September 15, 2008

So it's been awhile...

I think Matt and I both wanted to be able to post that everything went wonderfully and we're now living in our quarter million dollar house and make triple digits a year, but obviously that's not what happened.

We're still staying with my parents, going on 8 weeks now. We were hoping to only stay a month, but that may have been unrealistic.

I am working for my step father at his soil testing lab (for golf courses and sports fields and other expensive stuff). His lab is one of 10 in the world that is accredited to do this type of testing, which is cool. Although it doesn't pay what I had hoped, I will have laboratory experience when it's time to look for a new job. So that's good, but not the end of the story. I guess it's not supposed to be the end of the story this early in life.

Matt works for a company that sells and repairs lifts and wheelchairs. He enjoys helping people, so I think it's a good fit for him. We only managed to get him into one class at Blinn this semester, so he's getting in lots of hours working, even though he's not getting as much schooling as we had hoped.

We did talk to the bank today about a mortgage, and it seems like we should be able to get a loan for a house. Now all we have to do is find it... quickly, with any luck.

So that's where we are. Somewhere between point A and point B.

On a different note, no one should make war movies. Ever. They're depressing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home