***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Meep's No Good, Horrible, Rotten, Terrible, Awful, Very Bad Day

Poor Meep!

And it all stems from her fatal attraction for drawers.

My sister brought over a coffee table for us to watch for her because it doesn't fit in her 600 sq ft apartment. It's very nice, and has one long drawer and two little drawers underneath. Well, I put in the little drawers first (the drawers had been removed for moving purposes), and Meep apparently crawled under the table to investigate the new drawers. I didn't see her get under there, and when I put the top drawer in we all heard a very unhappy cat noise. She had apparently gotten something mashed in the drawer (it remains unclear). Needless to say, she was traumatized and went and hid under the bed for an hour, and then pouted around the house.

After that, Matt's grandfather came over and we gave him a tour of the house, and even discussed how Meep likes to get in the drawers of our dresser. It came up because I was putting up a few t-shirts and Meep jumped in the drawer and crawled behind it. We went out to dinner, then I ran some errands, then Matt and I were playing our respective computer games that evening and realised that Meep wasn't running over the keyboards like usual. I thought she was just pouting some more, so I called for her, and looked under the bed and in the closet. As I walked back through the bedroom, I heard a very sad little "Meep!!" coming from the dresser! Oh no!!! I opened the drawers and out crawls a very sad little kitty. We're not quite sure when she got in there or how long she was there, but she was very happy to be out.

Poor kitty! From now on, we're going to have to make sure to find the cat before closing any drawers. Hopefully, she discovered that drawers aren't the most fun thing after all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

poor meep!! wish my cats would learn some hard lessons :p

14:42  
Blogger Sara said...

That would be really sad if it wasn't so funny :)

17:08  
Blogger Helen said...

Ha! Well I'm pretty sure she didn't actually LEARN anything...

17:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home