***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Friday, November 21, 2008

Thumb Update

So, my thumb has looked pretty much the same for the past 3 weeks, until today! Today after cleaning the kitchen, it turned that pasty white color and there was a giant crack in the middle and you could see the new skin underneath. Now various parts of it are cracking and peeling. I think my thumb is turning into a butterfly! Or at least a normal thumb again.




Also, here are the promised pictures, now that we have re-located the camera.


First, the most important room: the kitchen!


This side of the kitchen is all the storage. The cabinets are in pretty good condition, and note the dishwasher!








The wall to the right of the last picture has the fridge (it's cute, isn't it?) a closet for the water heater and our ancient stove that takes it's time boiling water. It's got one of those timers where you turn the little hand inside the clock with a stick on the outside. That's definitely one of the improvements I'd like to make on this house, although I am very glad that we have gas (appliances, of course!).



As you can see, there's really not a lot of counterspace (at all!), but today I came home and Matt surprised me by cutting a piece of wood to fit the top of a metal shelf we had. This is on the wall to the left of the stove, so it's a very convenient place for chopping.


Here is our rather cluttered dining room. The wood floor could use a refinishing, but I do like the corner built-in. There is a GIANT empty wall (not shown, it's the length of the room opposite of the window) that I don't quite know what to do with yet, though.


And here's me and Meep internetting together. She's such a sweety! When she's not standing on the keyboard that is.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you use a laptop...yet you have more wires connected to it than my work desktop

03:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home