***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Adjusting..

Well, the last week has been interesting. It's been interesting to see some ways that I've changed in the past year, but it's been even better for both Helen and me to see how each of us has stayed the same. There was a little bit of concern about how much we would have changed after a year of being apart, and it's been good to see that we haven't. It's also been interesting to adjust my habits. After doing, quite literally, exactly the same thing in exactly the same way for 367 days in a row, it's been difficult to adapt to this new routine. I should be all reaccquainted in the next couple of weeks. I've started back at work, but I'll probably change jobs again in about another week. It's good to be back in a routine that I'm familiar with. It's helped the transition a little. Helen has been absolutely perfect. She's been so careful to take note of my differences and my new neurosese. She's been so good at caring for me and taking care of all the logistics of daily life while I get used to being a "non-combat" Marine.

I appologize for the delay on the promised movie reviews. I'll try to get to those and a few more in the next few days. I've got a long weekend coming up soon, so I should have plenty of time. So, there you have it. In the words of the good Dr. Seuss "That's all there is, there isn't anymore." Except that there will be more later... Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home