***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Alternatives

Well, it turns out that I'm an alternate for two different clinical laboratory science programs, one in Colorado Springs, CO and the other in Columbia, SC. Apparently CLS programs are really skeptical about out-of-staters.

At this point, Matt and I are going to wait and see if one of the 8 to 12 spots opens up (although this seems unlikely, I'm not sure what the actual statistics are on this kind of thing). If there is an opening, I'll take it, but if we don't hear from them we're going to start planning to move back to Bryan so Matt can start college at A&M, probably next spring.

Matt is pretty excited about moving back to Texas, and it will be nice to be near our family and friends again. I admit I was really counting on this CLS thing to give a bit more direction/purpose to my life and give me a specific niche to fill. I'm a bit frightened of hunting for jobs because so much of that process involves being rejected. I suppose it's time for me to be an adult and do things that I don't want to do.

Ultimately, God is guiding all of this. He knows where we need to be, and He can see the things that we don't know. Maybe we'll have a baby earlier than anticipated, and I won't have time to be a clinical laboratory scientist. Maybe there's someone special Matt needs to meet in Texas, or maybe there's a better job for me, or a house we need to buy, or relationships we need to develop, or who knows what. I will trust God to lead us, and we will follow His urgings.

So, yeah. We still don't actually know where we're going to end up in four months, but there's hope.

3 Comments:

Blogger Daph said...

Helen;

James and I will pray God will continue to encourage you and Matt as you go through this process. There is another possibility maybe it's not time to leave the Marines just yet.

I know this is a scary time for you two please know we are here if you need us.

Daph

22:34  
Blogger Matt said...

Thanks so much for your prayers and encouragement. It's hard to remember that neither of us really has any control over anything anyway.

God is good. God is always good.

12:36  
Blogger Kierstyn said...

Crazy times! What assurance that "all things work together for good" and that the Lords's plans are "plans to prosper and not harm". I hope everything starts falling into place for you guys!

13:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home