***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Another Post

Well, I don't really have much to say but it's 11:45 (which is ridiculously late for a military family, let me tell you, but Matt doesn't have to work tomorrow), and I'm waiting for Matt to get tired of LightWave. I took a nap today and had a Dr. Pepper this afternoon, so there's really nothing to complain about except the change of schedule. I think I'll count my blessings, since I do that far too rarely.

1. I made fried okra today in my cast iron pan and didn't set off the fire alarm (granted, Matt unplugged the one in the kitchen before I started, but the one in the living room didn't go off, either).

2. I have plenty of counter space, cabinets, and a pantry.

3. I have a financially responsible husband

4. who is really cute

5. and very determined (especially with LightWave, apparently).

6. Our electricity bill is reasonable.

7. We do NOT have a hot tub (seriously, do you know how much it costs to run those things?).

8. One day we will have children (God willing).

9. We have very interesting friends here in NC.

10. Family. I meant to put this one earlier, but I forgot. I mean this, even though I haven't actually talked to my family in like 2 weeks. Whoops. I love you guys!

11. My bread of choice is a full dollar cheaper at the commissary.

12. I have a nice comfy bed waiting for me, and my bedroom is bright and sun-shiny in the mornings.

13. We have nice things, which we didn't go into debt to buy. Actually, almost all our nice things were gifts: the beautiful knife set, my fantastic pots and pans, my picture from Italy, my bread bowl. Some things we invested in ourselves: .... I was going to continue the listing, but I feel like I'm typing a "to steal" list, so I think I'll stop now..

14. Affordable, non-nasty chai tea mix from the commissary, and my electric kettle to boil the water in.

15. My sheets, which should really go under number 13, but I feel the need to return to thinking about my bed..

Ok, I think I should end this list before my thoughts get any more erratic. Thanks for listening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home