***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Monday, March 17, 2008

This is the 100th post!!

Wow, the one hundredth post! For this momentous occasion, I'd like to direct your attention to the following:

Generic Names for Soft Drinks by county

Yes, the conclusive data is in, ladies and gentlemen! It's "pop" in the north, "coke" in the South, and "soda" in California, Arizona, southern Nevada, the tippy north east of the US, St. Louis, and Milwaki. Weird.

Naturally, the verdict is that the South is right, the proper generic name is "coke," and California is predictably different.

This has been the 100th Post. Thanks for joining us.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

milwaki?

13:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home