***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Friday, April 25, 2008

Ode to the Commissary Bagger

Oh Commissary Bagger,
How I appreciate your service!
Conscientiously bagging my groceries,
The cold with the cold, boxes with boxes,
Cans with cans, thoughtfully sorted.
But why, oh Commissary Bagger,
Must you double bag everything?
I know cans are heavy, and have an edge,
But I think that they are not so devious as to
Rip their way through a bag during the
Ten-step walk from the door to the car.
I'm sorry I forgot my reusable bags,
Which indicate my preference for conservation
Of bags, although that doesn't help
Since if I brought my reusable bags you would
Use those anyway. I bought four bags
worth of groceries, and you double bagged three
of them. The milk doesn't need two bags,
in fact, I'd be ok with no bag at all.
The five bags of frozen veggies weren't that heavy, either.
I appreciate a job well done,
And I know you are working for tips only,
So I try to calculate a living wage in my head for you,
But I promise I will not tip you more for giving me more bags.
Save a landfill; please, one bag at a time will do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric and Theresa said...

Helen,
I am happy you are a half-tree-hugger like me, but it may be time for you to get another hobby (besides MSN games). LOVE YOU!

18:36  
Blogger ***Ms. Mullen*** said...

hee hee hee

20:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home