***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Friday, May 09, 2008

Life in Jacksonville, NC

Ah, Jacksonville! You're not so bad, even though everyone thinks I'm talking about Florida...

Here are some fun things about Jacksonville:

1. Finding the post office. I just found it 2 days ago, actually. It's a creepy "government" looking building with no sign and no parking in downtown where the speed limit is 20 mph, on the opposite side of town. There are "out posts" which aren't run by the government, so they can only take cash. Good thing I have that emergency $20 in the car! One is next to a Sonic, though, which is definitely a perk.

2. Blockbuster, Barbershop, and GameRoom. Yup, there is a sign that says this in Jacksonville, right across from base. If I were a marine with nothing to do, I'd go there. Matt likes to point out that there are 3 seperate businesses. Whatever. It's still funny.

3. Askew Building Supply. I am not joking. What's even worse is that his wife (I assume) operates the Askew Learning Center. Just drop your kids off for the day and they'll be mostly right about everything!

Hopefully I'll think of some more stuff for this list, but those are my favorites so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home