***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Friday, June 20, 2008

Item of Interest


But he probably did! Haha! Who comes up with this stuff? I found this on a blog (www.stuffchristianslike.net, of course), and here are some of my favorite comments... because really, there's just so much to say here:

dyskyzed said...

So this post is awesome! Jesus on a dinosaur. The only way you could make Jesus OR dinosaurs cooler would be to put them together.
I feel I must point out though that the dinosaur is not a T-Rex. The claws are a dead givaway. The T-Rex only has two. My money would go with the smaller, three-clawed Allosaurus. The cool thing is, I only know this because I've been corrected by my six year-old daughter.

bpinks said...

gk- went to the flickr site, and in the comments found the best thing ever- a dinosaur should be referred to as a "Jesus horse".

Flicker site is http://flickr.com/photos/bar-art/414998399/
Jules said...

Things I love about this:

1)Jesus has a cape.
2)Jesus is riding the t-rex/allosaurus/raptor bareback
3)Dinosaur bridles were evidently readily available in first-century Palestine

What do you think Jesus did with His 'saur while he was preaching? Since dinosaurs clearly survived until Jesus' time (unclear what happened after that) there must have been a provision for this. Leviathan parking? Valet-o-sauruses? (Or is it Valet-o-saurii?) Actually, knowing Jesus, He would probably have parked His own 'saur.

Also why aren't there more parables involving dinosaurs? Since He "probably" rode them around, you would think they would make an easy and impressive visual prop. I for one am curious about the ways in which the Kingdom of Heaven is like a 3-ton carnivorous reptile. Mustard seeds. Pphhhhbbb.

Ne'er-Do-Good said...

I'm always inspired by haiku. Here's one for this post:

Mighty dinosaur
You look really fun to ride
What Would Jesus Do?

muskrat said...

so, when he rode in on the dinosaur, did the town's people throw down small furry animals instead of palm branches?

And of course I have no comment. Maybe if I play the piano or paint on the easel or tend my hydroponic flower garden... (and sadly, that was a Sims reference... hopefully no one got that.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Wow!! Wow... wow... I just can't... wow... that's a dazzlingly brilliant display of boneshattering stupidity... wow...

10:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home