***The Hurley Ticker*** "If I spend all the money I have at Walmart, I will save more than I make." -early morning radio Search & Win

Saturday, December 06, 2008

A Pleasant Pounding

Today, my mom, mother-in-law, and good friend (and distant relation) Carol Manthei threw Matt and me a pounding. Traditionally, when you move into a new house, people bring you a pound of sugar/flour/butter/coffee etc. to help you get established. Well, apparently everyone has adjusted for inflation because I got a lot more than a pound of many things.





For whatever reason, I wasn't really expecting people to bring me things, just see the house. I was very pleasantly surprised with all the goodies I received. That people are so generous near Christmas time makes me feel like a total Grinch.


But now that I'm up to my ears in detergent, kitty litter, foil, spices, pudding mix, ground beef, ice cream (candy cane, Mexican chocolate, and birthday cake, wow!), recipes and canned goods, I should have lots of extra cash for gifts and goodwill, right? Darn sinful nature. God and I are going to have to work on this one some more. Matt helps.

Everything I got was so very useful (maybe wedding showers should be more like this so you don't have to feel awkward about never using someone's very thoughtful gift), but I am especially thankful for the recipes with all the ingredients. I even got one recipe with ingredients AND a tupperware of the finished product. Now I can put off going to the grocery store even longer! Hurrah!

So thank you to everyone whom came and to everyone who helped plan this event. I shall try to follow your illustrious examples and not be a Grinch this Christmas.

Now I'm going to finish my ice cream, start on the bag of Fritos, and consider what ratio of cheap litter to my litter that actually clumps is most effective.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home